Fabrication Module Assembly
Refrigeration Module Fabrication Shop
Module Fabrication Shop
JAX Refrigeration recently expanded our Jacksonville, Fla. fabrication shop to over 30,000 square feet, allowing us to prefabricate systems and skid packages for our contracting projects across the nation. Our shop is a fully functioning fabrication and assembly facility, welding high-level carbon and stainless steel components for the industrial market. Our facility can prepare entire prepackaged refrigeration systems or manufacture individual skids and modules.
Welding for Commercial and Industrial Projects
Specialized Welding for Commercial and Industrial Projects
At the JAX Refrigeration Fabrication Shop, we execute all four major types of welding procedures, SMAW, GMAW/MIG, FCAW and GTAW/TIG and employ independent testing and continuous training to verify the quality of all our welds. With a flawless safety record, our veteran pipe welders expertly weld plate and pipe up to the 6G level, widely considered to be the gold standard among welding professionals.
Welding: Plate and Pipe Welds
Plate and Pipe Welds
- Flat Position 1G – Plate in a horizontal plane with the weld metal deposited from above. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW Processes)
- Horizontal Position 2G – Plate in a vertical plane with the axis of the weld horizontal. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW Processes)
- Vertical Position 3G – Plate in a vertical plane with the axis of the weld vertical. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW Processes)
- Overhead Position 4G – Plate in a horizontal plane with the weld metal deposited from underneath. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW Processes)
- Flat Position 1G(R) – Pipe with its axis horizontal and rolled during welding so that the weld metal is deposited from above. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW Processes)
- Horizontal Position 2G – Pipe with the axis vertical and the axis of the weld in a horizontal plane. Pipe will not be rotated during position. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW Processes)
- Multiple Position 5G – Pipe with its axis horizontal and with the welding grove in a vertical plane. Welding shall be done without rotating the pipe. (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW Processes)
- Multiple Position 6G – Pipe with its axis inclined at 45 degrees to horizontal. Welding shall be done without rotating the pipe. (Qualifies welder to all positions) (SMAW, FCAW, GTAW Processes)
Module Fabrication Project Approach
Project Approach and Philosophy
At JAX Refrigeration, we believe every system is a custom system. Our philosophy is rooted in innovation, both in creative design solutions and technical skill. Every system is tailored to the specific needs of the project, large or small.
JAX Refrigeration is known for integrating existing technologies and techniques in a unique way that creates systems with higher efficiency and lower cost. We deliver the ultimate in client satisfaction through our focus on proper load and functionality, low-cost operation and ease of maintenance for years to come.
A Licensed Module Fabrication Contractor
A Licensed Contractor Team You Can Trust
We are dedicated to providing unparalleled customer service. Our licensed contractors and professional, degreed engineers manage each project with a focus on innovation and immediate maintenance responsiveness. Our highly skilled team is trained on the latest in industry procedures and each of our superintendents has several decades of industry experience.
More Responsive. Better Results. Happier Clients. It’s the JAX Refrigeration way.
Pre-Fab and Fabrication Facility
Fabrication Module Assembly
- Plasma cutting
- Carbon and stainless steel welding
- All levels of fillet and groove welding (up to 6G)
- Complete prepackaged systems and skids
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW/MIG)
- Flux cored arc welding (FCAW)
- Gas tungsten arc gas welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Fully complete ammonia, glycol and chilled water refrigerated skids
- Self contained refrigerated modules
- Ship-to-site refrigerated modules
- Roof pipe stands
- Condenser stands
- Miscellaneous steel